The role of a Pet Food Nutritionist is essential in ensuring the health, well-being, and happiness of pets by providing them with balanced and nutritious food options.
- evaluate the chemical and nutritional value of feeds, feed supplements for pets
- formulate diets and rations to maximise growth, reproduction, health and performance
- assess the relative nutritional and economic value of feeding systems
- research the effectiveness of dietary regimes
- conduct animal-based studies and laboratory trials
- liaise with producers and clients to understand their targets and objectives, and the specific needs of the market
- monitor feed formulations to meet quality performance and animal health standards
- provide advice on nutrition to customers, veterinarians and government bodies
- rationalise animal feed manufacturing techniques
- expand existing ranges of animal food products and develop new ones
- support commercial teams in producing and launching new products
- carry out sales and marketing strategies following the launch of a new product
- balance growing consumer interest in quality with the need to develop competitive agricultural systems
- maintain expertise in nutritional trends and keep up to date with regulatory changes
- use software to formulate diets, conduct research and generate reports
- investigate nutritional disorders and the safe storage of feeds
- provide expertise in proof reading of finished product artworks
- an understanding of the scientific basis of nutrition
- familiarity with analysing data and writing reports
- the ability to conduct research in a safe, ethical and reliable manner
- the capability to formulate and communicate ideas
- the capacity to form long-term relationships with customers and clients
- an appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of science and the validity of others' viewpoints
- business-management, time-management and personal-development skills
- advanced numeracy, IT and internet skills
- drive, perseverance, dedication and a willingness to work long hours.
- A highly varied position within the world of pet food in a highly international environment.
- Specific tasks will be taught to you at the start of the job.
- An attractive salary in line with your experience or education, complemented by extra legal benefits.
- Working in a young and dynamic team in a healthy business group in full expansion.