Multi-Skilled Engineer – Longridge, Preston
What will you do?
The Longridge site near Preston, Lancashire is currently undergoing a substantial review which is adding improvements to capital equipment, facilities and has staff investment being at the heart. Our focus is on attracting top talent that can step up and ride this wave of success.
Are you an experienced multi-disciplined Engineer who is looking for a new opportunity, a new environment or the chance to grow and develop your skills? Do you get a kick from problem solving? Is your spirit animal a machine that needs taming? Then come and join us, and make a real difference to the team’s success.
As multi-skilled Engineer you will:
- Carry out maintenance on production equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
- Assist production with machinery problems and setups, provide relevant training when required
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager to continually review operations to drive improvements in quality, cost and safety
What are we seeking?
- A collaborative, flexible team player, with a passion for problem solving
- An independent thinker who isn’t afraid to make those difficult decisions
- Experience as a multi-disciplined engineer (electrical and mechanical), min 5 years
- Relevant engineering qualifications (apprenticeship, NVQ level 3)
- Previous experience of working in food manufacturing will be advantageous
- A growth mind-set – you want to learn and improve your skills and experience
- A focus on safeguarding the quality, legality and safety of our product
What do you get?
- Salary dependent on experience and qualifications – ranging from £42,000 - £49,500 pa (+ Overtime)
- Overtime available, paid at time and a half
- 8 hour shift – working 4 different rotating shift patterns AM, PM & Nights. Also required to work 1 in every 4 Saturdays (finishing at 2pm)
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Staff discount on products
- Free on-site parking
- Wellness programme and support
Are you ready to come be Paw-some?