Sales Manager UK
- Form part of the Company’s leadership team responsible for the development of the annual operating plan, overall growth strategy, and multi-year forecast.
- In conjunction with existing management, create and build the Company’s sales development plan. This will include personal responsibility for leading current major account relationships, as well as evaluating, executing and overseeing entry into new channels or customers, both within the UK and in export markets.
- Where appropriate build and extend the Company’s sales capabilities and resources, including the recruitment and leadership of additional high-quality sales personnel and the management of third party/contract sales resource to maximise sustainable profitable growth.
- Work with current management to refine current compensation plans, weekly reporting and sales budgeting tools to ensure all sales targets are achieved with a Board-approved budget, including both volume and profit.
- Along with the full sales team, act as a conduit of information from customers/the market to production, manufacturing and other functional verticals within the Company to provide feedback – in both directions – on fulfilment, service and product quality performance.
- Work with the company’s marketing and commercial teams and its advisors to ensure the company’s product/brand architecture is effectively positioned and priced to profitably compete and win in the market.
- Support the product development and innovation process working closely with colleagues and customers to ensure successful product launches are delivered and subsequent sales and profit objectives are achieved.
- Develop effective working relationships across the Company and become recognised both as a high performance leader and as a ’profitable growth champion’.
- Graduate who has received blue-chip business training in a major consumer goods organisation recognised for developing outstanding sales talent, as well as ideally an entrepreneurial or private equity-backed organization.
- Experience in the pet products industry is also attractive but not required; an understanding of both branded and own label products is also a plus.
- Strong track record of career progression; he/she will have worked across a broad range of UK sales channels and will have a strong track record of building sales particularly in large multiple retailers. This individual will have a history of reporting directly into a Managing Director, Sales Director or General Manager.
- The candidate will be a strategic sales professional with a proven capability to create a coherent, compelling customer business plan that step change sales performance.
- He/she will have a bias towards new business development and will thrive with a challenging new business agenda.
- The candidate will be an accomplished people manager with a track record of developing winning sales organisations that deliver profitable growth.
- He/she will have strong quantitative skills, with an understanding of how to organise, incentivise and motivate a sales team; he/she will be able to work with a Board approved Budget and from there, communicate specific sales and profit goals to individuals in the sales organisation.
- The candidate will need to be commercially astute, market orientated and financially savvy. The candidate will be an accomplished negotiator, presenter with a strong professional drive and an evident work ethic. He/she will be happy working alone and will also be an accomplished team player with cross functional empathy.
- The candidate will be confident, entrepreneurial and charismatic with aspirations for future career growth particularly into general management.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Fizz Benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme